Immigration Options for Parents of U.S. Citizens

NOTICE: The information contained on this page site is intended to educate the general public and is not intended to provide legal advice. To ensure proper handling of your individual situation, please call +1-703-527-1779.

Many immigrants who live in the United States want to “sponsor” their parents to come to the United States either to visit their family or to live permanently with their family. The term “sponsor” usually means to bring to the United States or “petition for.” Such immigrants often reach out to immigration lawyers in the United States for guidance on how to sponsor their parents to come to the United States for either purpose.

This page will help answering some of the basic questions you may have if you would like your parents either to temporarily visit you in the United States or to move to the United States permanently. However, we encourage you to talk to an experienced lawyer about your specific case in order to avoid any potential problems and complications.

Attorneys at I.S. Law Firm have provided immigration help to many immigrants and their families. To learn more about our services and for consultation, please contact us at +1-703-527-1779 or via e-mail: [email protected].