NOTICE: The information contained on this page site is intended to educate the general public and is not intended to provide legal advice. To ensure proper handling of your individual situation please call (703) 527-1779.
EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY (EB-1)
Extraordinary Ability (EB-1) category is another mechanism enabling highly talented individuals to sponsor themselves for permanent residence avoiding the complicated and traditional methods requiring the securing of a sponsoring employer, labor certification, lengthy processing times, and long waiting periods for priority dates.
The benefit of being classified under this category is immense. It lets the applicant to avoid the usual limitations of pre–green card employment and labor certification process. In other words, a beneficiary of an approved petition under Extraordinary Ability (EB-1) classification, absent any bars, is immediately eligible for green card. To qualify for the Extraordinary Ability (EB-1) category, the government will accept a one-time receipt of a major international award or evidence to show that you are one of the few to have risen to the top of your field. Again, if you have not received such a prize, the government has suggestions for documentation. Again, they would like to see at least three of the following:
- Receipt of national or international awards;
- Membership in associations that require outstanding achievements of their members as judged by national or international experts;
- Published material about you in professional or trade publications or major media;
- Evidence that you have judged the work of others in your field;
- Evidence of original scholarly contributions to your field;
- Evidence of scholarly articles written by you about your field and published in trade journals or other major publications;
- Evidence that you have performed a lead or critical role for organizations of distinguished reputation;
- Evidence that you have commanded a high salary or other remuneration for work in your field; and,
- Anything else that you can think of to show you are one of the few at the top of your field.
Professionals at I.S. Law Firm have helped number of talented individuals to apply for green cards under Extraordinary Ability (EB-1) category.
If you are interested in applying under the Extraordinary Ability (EB-1) category, we can make an appointment, review your qualifications, and determine if we have enough to proceed or if we need more.
To learn more about our services and for consultation contact us at (703) 527-1779 or via e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.